XYDAC Archive Manager allows you to create and manage custom Archives. An archive is a list or a collection of records. So creating an archive on your website would mean creating a list of objects that you want to show. these objects can be some posts with a fixed criteria, It may be pages or for that matter anything you post on WordPress.
What Archive Manager helps with
- Create New Archive
- Define Archive templates
- Automatically creates shortcode to include the archive anywhere in code
- Archives can be added to template pages as well using do_shortcode() WordPress function.
- Ability to change anything and manage XydacArchives with ease.
Possible Use cases
- Custom Post list
- Portfolio listing
- Tabular listing of post/pages.
- Representation of any data that you can generate using WP_QUERY
What is the scope
You can use this custom archive generator to create a variety of stuffs on your website. Lets say you have a website with various members and you want to show a list of 10 latest posts of an author in an image slider. Yes you can do that too.
Can Table of Post be created with Custom Archives having only post titles, or value of a fixed custom field.?
Yes this can be done very easily. lookout for Table mode when you create an archive.
So Where do i define how i want to show the archive to user.
Basically there are three sections for this in Archive creation Screen
- Before Loop : This gets executed before we fetch the data according to a query, so if you are creating a table and showing all the posts in a row. then do create the header of the table in this part.
- Content HTML : This section defines how actually the content from query will be placed in html. I’ll be giving a sample code as well.
- After Loop : This gets executed once the system is out of loop. So if it’s a table, now is the time to close it.
Is there any sample code for this Messy Stuff
Of course there is
<th width=”75%”>Post Name</th>
Are there any shortcodes?
Yes you will need to use the shortcode [xydac_archive]archive_name[/xydac_archive].
Also watch out you can put the query in shortcode itself.just add a parameter query like . So now this query overrides the query defined on archive creation screen.
What is the default content for Content HTML
This is the default content for Content HTML box
Can we use shortcodes inside an archive
Yes you can, you have to use short code to fetch any type of data the default short codes are [x_permalink],[x_title],[x_excerpt],[x_date],[x_time].
Additional Reference Link